The Wastwater residential is next week and so I wanted to remind you of a few details:
- We will be departing from school at 7:00am so please be at school by 6:40am at the latest to give plenty of time to hand in medication, spending money and to load the coach;
- Could luggage (clearly named) be left along the path by the coach so that it can be loaded easily;
- If your child suffers from travel sickness they will need travel sickness tablets for one day during the residential and the journey home;
- Please hand clearly named medication to Mrs. Cooke who will have a table in the hall;
- Clearly named purses/wallets are to be handed to Mr. Coppack who will also be in the hall. Children are allowed a maximum of £5, they will not be able to spend more than this;
- Oh did I mention NAME EVERYTHING!?
- Children will need a packed lunch in a disposable bag, drink in a refillable bottle, snacks (NO fizzy and NO sweets please) a jumper and light waterproof coat in a rucksack for the journey there;
- A book to read, travel books, colouring in, crayons, pencil case, cards, Top Trumps etc. but NO GADGETS please;
- Children should be able to pull/carry their own luggage up stairs;
- Children will need a pair of trainers which they can get wet for the ghyll scrambling activity, if you also pack a newspaper we can use it to dry them overnight;
- We aim to be back at school around 8pm on the Friday and we will keep you regularly updated of our progress on the website. We will be stopping at McDonalds for dinner.
We are all looking forward to it and plan on taking pictures throughout our stay. We will endeavour to include our experiences on the school website (internet dependent) so make sure you check each evening to keep up to date.