Sadly, ‘Dance Club’ with Claire Piper has been cancelled this half term due to unforeseen circumstances.
I am hopeful that the club will run again after term and if you were due to start this Thursday, your place will be secured after half term if you still wish to take part.
I apologise for any inconvenience.
On Friday, we had a visit from Nigel on behalf of ‘THINK!’Education. He spent time in Reception and Year 4 telling the children about safety inside the car. He emphasised the importance of wearing seat belts and using booster seats.
Children under the age of 12 and also under 135cm tall must use the appropriate child restraint for their weight (not age) when travelling in the front or back seat of any car, van or goods vehicle. there are very few exceptions.
‘Child restraint’ means any of baby seat, child seat, booster seat or booster cushion.
A child can use an adult belt when they reach 135cm or their twelfth birthday, whichever comes first.
When a passenger reaches the age of 14 years and over, they are responsible for wearing their own seat belt, until then, the driver is fully responsible.
Helping you child stay safe
- Make sure that your child has the right type of seat or booster.
- Make sure that the seat or booster fits your car.
- Make sure it is properly fitted in your car every trip.
- Check that your child’s booster seat raises him/her into the correct position so that the belt fits well.
- Make sure your child knows that it is against the law for them not to use a child restraint if they are under 12 years old and also under 135cm tall.
- Make the child seat/booster theirs – take your child with you when you buy it. The fit for the child and in the car are the first priorities, but then you can get them to choose the colour or pattern they like best, so that they can feel it’s theirs.
For more information, go to:- http://www.childcarseats.org.uk
Here is a list of the clubs for this half term. Sadly, Health and Fitness and Multi-Sports had to be cancelled due to insufficient numbers. Apologies to those who had signed up for them, hopefully they will run again next half term if numbers increase. Please continue to support our extended school’s programme.
Thank you, Miss Harwin
Wednesday: Theatre Club with Michelle 3pm-4pm Starts: 17th Jan Ends: 7th Feb
Wednesday: Film Club with Tamion 3pm-4pm
Thursday: Dance with Claire 3:15 – 4.00 Starts 18th Jan – 8th Feb
All children to be collected from the main foyer at the end of the sessions.
We’ve had a real treat this afternoon because a group of students joined us from Fakenham Academy to perform a couple of pantomimes which they had written themselves. They did a fantastic job. It was great to see some familiar faces, some of which looked surprisingly good in a frock!
I am pleased to announce that we have raised £115.85 for the Anti-bullying Alliance!!!
I would like to say a BIG thank you to all those who donated!